Collection of Personal Information
Otocab collects the minimum personal information to provide the Services.
The following minimum personal information is collected when a user signs up for the Service or while the user uses the Services, through the home page, individual applications and programs, and etc.
Required: email, password, name (nickname), profile picture, list of friends, phone number contacts, history of service usage, history of purchase/payment in the Service
Optional: date of birth, gender, shipping address information (name of recipient, shipping address, phone number)
[To verify one’s identity]
Name, gender, date of birth, mobile phone number, telecommunications service provider, citizen/foreigner, encrypted connecting information (CI), duplication information (DI)
[To consent of legal representative]
Information of legal representative (name, gender, date of birth, mobile phone number, telecommunications service provider, citizen/foreigner, encrypted connecting information (CI), duplication information (DI)
[To use paid-services]
Payment via credit card: (part of) credit card number, name of credit card company, etc.
Payment via mobile phone number: mobile phone number, approval number, etc.
Payment via account transfer: account holder’s name, account number, name of bank, etc.
Payment via voucher: number of voucher, ID of the relevant website
[To process refund]
Bank, account number, account holder’s name, email
[To issue cash receipt]
Mobile phone number, card number for cash receipt
The method to collect personal information is as follows:
In case of collecting personal information, Otocab informs the fact to a user in advance and asks for his/her consent. Personal information is collected via the following methods:
- The user agrees to the collection of personal information and enters relevant information when signing up for a service or while the user uses the Services
- Personal information is provided through affiliated services or groups.
- Personal information is provided via the home page, email, fax, phone, etc. during customer service calls.
- The user participates in online and/or offline events.
The following personal information may be collected while the user uses the Service.
Device information (OS, screen size, device ID, type of mobile phone, model name of device), IP address, cookies, date of visit, improper usage record and service usage record may be automatically created and collected while the user uses the PC web or mobile web & apps.
Use of Personal Information
Personal information is used to manage membership, to provide and improve Services and to develop new service. Personal information is collected to the minimum extent required to provide Services when the user signs up for the service or while the user uses the Services, through the homepage, individual applications and programs, and etc.
- Member identification, confirmation of the user’s will to sign up, user and age verification, prevention of improper usage
- Confirmation of consent of a legal representative in case of collecting personal information of children under 14 years of age, verification of identity of the legal representative thereafter
- Message transmission between friends, friend registration and suggestion
- Notification of activities to friends, user search & sign-up
- Develop new services, provide diverse services, resolve inquiries or complaints, and deliver notices
- Send contents, etc. to the users of paid services, or shipping / payment
- Prevention and sanction of any act that interrupts normal service operation of the service
- Recommend customized contents based on demographic features, users’ interest, taste and propensity, and utilized the foregoing information as marketing methods
- Voice-command processing and voice-recognition enhancing, customized service
- Statistics based on service usage record, frequency of visits and service use; development of service environment to protect privacy; development of customized services; service improvement.
Otocab is committed to protecting the user’s rights.
Any user may view and edit his/her personal information at any time (via a legal representative for users aged 14 or under), and may withdraw his/her consent to collection and use of personal information, or request for the withdrawal of the Service at any time. In particular, users can modify personal information or withdraw the membership via Settings in the Service. Upon any request via email, document, phone call, the Customer Centre shall take measures without delay. If any user requests for the revision of personal information, such information shall not be used or provided until the revision is completed.
Cookies are used to support a faster and more convenient use of websites and to provide customized services.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of text file usually set by the web server, sent from a website and stored in a User’s computer hard disk while the user is browsing that website.
Purpose of use
Rejection of cookies
Cookie does not collect personally identifiable information automatically or actively, and a user has an option for setting a cookie. Hence, a user may allow all cookies by setting the option on the web browser; whenever a cookie is stored, the confirmation thereof shall be completed; or, otherwise, a user may reject the storage of all cookies. Provided, however, when a user rejects the storage of a cookie, then the user may have some difficulties in using a service.
Otocab complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as the domestic laws of each member country.
The following may apply when Otocab provides services to users in EU countries.
Otocab uses personal information collected from users only for purposes specified in “3. Use of Personal Information”, informs users prior to any use thereof and asks for agreement.
In addition, Otocab may process personal information in accordance with applicable laws including GDPR in any of the following cases:
- Consent of the data subject
- Sign and fulfil a contract with the data subject
- Legal compliance
- When personal information processing is necessary for the material benefit of the data subject
- For the pursuit of legitimate interests of the company (except for cases where the benefits, rights or freedom of the data subject is more important than that of the company.)